The project work plan is organized into six phases, each of which is broken down into sub-tasks, through the work modules (WM) and respective deliverables (D), which can lead to achieve more than one goals.
Determination of the phenomenon of piracy in modern times
● Study, analysis and recording of the phenomenon of piracy in modern times as well as operational measures against it.
● Analysis of data to evaluate the existing ways to prevent and avoid piracy and outline ways to improve them.
Determination of the operational specifications of the under construction UAS system as well as the methodological approach for its construction.
● Detailed operating system specifications.
● Methodology for developing tactical protection and prevention measures
● Study and record of the legal framework for the operation and use of UASs and study of implementation in international maritime law.
● Study of the communication frequencies used in commercial shipping and their interconnection with the UAS under construction.
Specification of the technical specifications of the UAS system, defining the methodological approach and designing the new under construction system.
● Analysis of the system’s technical specifications
● Autonomous system development methodology
In order to determine the technical specifications of the system, the optimum sensors and monitoring units will be selected, while at the end, the system design, will be methodologically determined and certified to meet the business objectives. At this stage of the project implementation, begin the activities of disseminating the results.
Development of the UAS system, mechanisms and infrastructures for interfacing marine environmental monitoring sensors. Perform specialized measurements of the selected parameters and the necessary laboratory tests required for the manufacture of an innovative product UAS. Design and development of innovative functions utilizing computer vision and microelectronics technologies for the operation of the sensors of the system. Pursuit of certification of technical specifications and methodology of the innovative system development.
● Assembly and construction of two flying systems (Phase A)
● Implementation of ground station & data interconnection mechanisms (Phase A)
● Conduction of Laboratory System Tests (Phase A)
● Publicity Actions (Phase A)
Continue dissemination activities.
Optimization of the mechanisms and infrastructure for interfacing maritime surveillance sensors as well as the flying capability of the UASs in order to meet all real-environment flight requirements. Conduct of test in real-conditions as well as monitoring of the sea area around commercial ships to avoid piracy. Perform specialized measurements and optimize data interconnection mechanisms and record the required selected parameters for integrated operational use of UASs in real sea monitoring conditions. Research for alternative uses of the system and its potential utilisation in sea and coastal areas, for purposes such as broadcasting on telecommunication frequency, research in dead zones etc.
● ARSx2 system optimization
● Optimization of sensor Optimization, Positioning and Combination (Phase B)
● Data Interface Optimization (Phase B)
● Conduct system tests in real-time sea monitoring conditions around commercial ships (Phase B)
● Specification of alternative uses of the system
● Design and development of proper use and maintenance specifications of the ARSx2 UAS module
● Publicity and promotion actions
Continue dissemination activities.
A. S. Prote Maritime Ltd will participate in an International Maritime Exhibition, preferably to “Posidonia 2020”, to promote the results of the project.